Alysha Burch / Founder & President
Square Root Creative is the brainchild of Alysha Burch,
a 25-year industry veteran. Alysha established the agency in 2002, when she saw the need for a creative house that delivered effective messaging across all marketing mediums. Her vision was to form a group that could think conceptually, act strategically, and design with purpose. Fifteen years later, the agency remains independent and solely owned, an inspiration for women entrepreneurs worldwide.
View More View Less
- Chris Javate / Creative Design Director He thinks visually, executes flawlessly, and nails the strategy—all while pushing the limits of the agency’s creative output. Chris easily grasps complex information and critical details to produce bold ideas and designs, which ultimately drive our clients’ brands to be stronger. He leads his team with encouragement and by example—no doubt traits learned during his Cooper Union days. Easy-going and even-keeled, Chris is also our resident DJ, keeping the agency rhythmically in sync. Count on him for a classic Prince playlist or old-school jam. He’s also a tech-gadget junkie and the proud father of two beautiful children.
- Melani Avery / Director of Brand Development She delivers relevant and straight-shooting strategies that set up our clients for success. Her brand-boosting plans, rooted (pun intended) in customer insights, bring lasting results. No surprise since her knowledge and experience helped build amazon.com, AT&T Wireless, The Capital Grille, Sony Electronics, and Georgia-Pacific into major names. Her ties to SRC are forevermore as Melani and Alysha (SRC-founder) have been professional confidants since their first ad agency jobs, 20+ years ago. When not thinking up strategies, she can be found driving around in her bright yellow Jeep Wrangler. But of course…an iconic brand for a consummate branding professional.
- Charlie Sims / Associate Creative Director, Copy & Content Inspiring creative teams to think big while keeping the message memorable and execution on strategy comes naturally for this award-winning copywriter. Charlie has solved business challenges with words in both the advertising and publishing industries for nearly 20 years. We welcomed him in 2016 to tap his previous experience, and happily got a master storyteller and gifted leader. His inquisitive mind and ear for critical details brings a fresh perspective. With this guy, trolling for the next big idea is no metaphor. If he’s not in the office, look on the water.
- Giovanni Sheriff / Director of Technology Gio keeps the agency on the forefront of technology, and is responsible for growing our digital footprint. Truly an SRC Original, he has been here since the start and is quite unique. A PC-fanatic living in harmony with Mac lovers. We count on his unwavering dedication, inquisitive mind, and analytic nature to solve our client’s most complex challenges. While his engineering background, digital knowledge, or 6’5” frame, might intimidate, Gio is quite approachable—especially if you share his love for anything Italian. Ask him what he loves most about working at SRC, and he will answer, “Siamo una famiglia.”
- Marissa Xinaropoulos / Account Manager As a trusted manager she launches and runs campaigns that are on strategy, on budget, and on deadline. Marissa’s deep understanding of a client’s business and their industry fuels her ability to anticipate, and solve, potential challenges. On complex projects, she leads teams with ease because she understands the big picture while cognizant of important details. Organization and communication skills come naturally for her—growing stronger during a nine-year tenure working on textiles, technology, and tobacco. When the day is done, this beach loving thrill-seeker loves to unwind with her husband, watch Jeopardy, and plan their next vacation adventure.
Samantha Clarke / Account Manager
A calming force and shining star. That’s Samantha. Joining as
an intern in 2011, today she manages the daily needs of our Ricoh account. With a penchant for logic and an impressive work ethic she makes coordinating video productions and managing complex product configurators look easy. Her attention to detail and ability to collaborate with creatives and programmers is as natural as her kind nature. A New Yorker true-and-true: born and raised in the Bronx, a New York University alumnus, and working in Manhattan. Trifecta.
- Pete Peluso / Account Executive When the pressure is on, Pete stays focused on the task at hand. He joined the agency in 2015, and his past experience in B2B communications is key for the day-to-day management of the Ricoh Business Booster program, one of the agency’s most dynamic client properties. From data reporting and analysis, to working with our designers and programmers, everything he does is about creating seamless customer experiences. When not hard at work, you might just find this avid blackjack player deep in thought, skillfully sizing up his hand, planning his next move.
- Chris Castro / Assistant Account Executive Inspired by the need to know, Castro is an ace researcher, skillful proofreader, and technology aficionado. On the road to his chosen career, he studied Electrical Engineering, Biology, Finance, Marketing, and Theater. His unquenchable curiosity and multifaceted background means he takes nothing at face value. He digs deep and stays engaged; supporting the Account, Creative, and Technology teams like a champ. Another New York native, Castro describes the Root as a melting pot, “No one here is the same and everyone is able to contribute different ideas towards our causes.” On the weekends, he applies his energy to having a good time with friends and building super computers.
Amber Milt / Lead Producer & Editor
An award-winning editor with impressive time management
skills and the ability to get almost anything you could need through a subscription based service. Amber started working
with us on project-based videos and was quickly invited to join
the SRC family as Lead Producer and Editor. Her dedication and perseverance result in videos that look and sound as polished,
and professional, as she is. Her on-air credits include segments for major news networks and a roster of A-list celebrity interviews. Amber is a true powerhouse, an incredible writer, and a genuine Rooter. She is also a foodie, fitness enthusiast, and
- Chris Siarkiewicz / Lead Designer His talent for producing designs that exceed expectations comes as naturally as his curiosity for how things work. While his experience with brand identity and packaging was finely-tuned during his days at FutureBrand and CBX, he’s been broadening his range as a “Rooter” since 2010. Chris turns visuals inside out and upside down while concentrating on the minute details and tactile experience. So precise, he’s the first to take out the loop, and has been known to measure paper thickness with calipers. We playfully call him MacGyver, but “Sharky” is his real (nick)name and building motorcycles is his true end game.
- Fay Latimer / Senior Designer Once a member of the corporate world, this UK transplant decided to follow her artistic heart—so she boldly quit her 9-5, and headed to design school. And, we are certainly glad she did. Fay’s eye for excellence, combined with her passion for creativity, understanding of business objectives, and sharp wit make her absolutely fabulous to work with. Her contributions run the gamut—from original illustrations to brand identity, to ingenious ad campaigns and After Effects. Her inspirations include color, art, music, abstraction, and a happy, positive environment where people look at the world differently. Fay is enthusiasm personified, infusing authenticity into every project she touches.
- Danny Valle / Full Stack Developer From UX to coding to 3D rendering, design, and production, Danny pushes the standard on every project he is a part of. Continually educating himself, and all of us on the latest and greatest, the new and now in technology solutions, he applies his vast knowledge of all facets in web development to take a concept and turn it into a finished product. And he delivers it flawlessly in language we can all understand. If he isn’t scoping out the best new cookies in the neighborhood, this black belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu finds inspiration in his children, who we suspect already know Photoshop.
- Randi Joseph / Senior Web & App Developer Randi’s brilliance, island smile, and sense of humor immediately stand out in a sea of coders. With a passion for data and a background in Physics, Math, and Programming, Randi thrives on building back-end solutions, websites, and apps that change how we work, live, and communicate. Detailed and logical, and with a Starbucks in hand, this developer will code into the wee hours of night. Before SRC, Randi applied his skill set at Citigroup where he developed site infrastructure and a game-changing app. And if you’re looking for truly exceptional oxtail in the city, this guy knows the spot.
- Terry Frederick / Business Manager Terry keeps this think tank running smoothly, every day. Managing our personalities, benefits, and the occasional client fire drill without ever losing her cool. Our fearless leader calls her a Zen master. We call her incredible. She stays focused on keeping the agency culture intact and our team aligned with the goals of the company. Terry checks in with each employee on the regular to ensure that they have the resources they need to do their jobs, happily. And if you come for a visit, she’ll check in with you, too.
The agency is a collection of talented individuals who love what they do,
and are encouraged to do what they love.
We lead with conviction, act with courage and look beyond the obvious to produce creative solutions that are modern with